Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Hillets Cove

Today I touched a jellyfish. I shot a Coastal Classroom that the City Parks Foundation does every summer to teach children about our environment and how to protect it. The students learned about different species that lived in the East River and then went out to look for them.


At first they were reluctant but then were intrigued by different animals there were. They collected fish, crabs, shrimp, snails and jellyfish. The instructor told me that I was lucky I came today because it was the most they ever caught. They even found species they never saw before.


Looking at these kids made me wish I had something similar when I was little. Maybe I would have turned out to be an underwater explorer since 95% of the ocean is unexplored. I better get my scuba license.

No comments:

Post a Comment